Tuesday, May 6, 2008

In the trenches


And so it has begun. I arrived Sunday night and got to work early Monday morning. Much of the time has been spent getting organized and repairing facilities that over winter here in the mountains of VA and so are a little worse for the wear. Since I am in VA this year instead of SD, I have the possibility of a much larger sample size. The price I pay from that sample size is having to negotiate and navigate the projects of two other researchers, as well as my advisor's, so that we don't conflict or mess up each other's data. It can get a bit tricky, but luckily we all get along well so I expect things to work out nicely.
It's still early spring/late winter up here so things are just getting started. All the more reason to get everything under control before it blows wide open.
Duty calls.

2 comments:

Wappy said...

Hey man, I have some questions about getting into bio field work. Do you have an e-mail address?

K Cain said...

yep caink at indiana.edu
and ps i'm not a man